11/3/14

tt500 build : part 16

I've been dragging my feet figuring out how I wanted to properly finish the shock mounts. Luckily when a project stalls for a while new ideas pop up that eventually make the cut. I decided to cut some of the old mounts up and re-purpose them on the new section.

The outer shell for double shear, and the threaded internal bung.



All trimmed up and ready to tack in place.



Not bad at all.





And the other side. They have since been tacked in place ready to finish weld.



I then moved on to making a headlight bracket. It still needs some trimming, but I couldn't make much more noise for the evening.



Mounted to the tree.







On to the seat pan. I cut out a chunk of a spare fender, and went to doodling making a template for the base.



Then made from metal.



Now with mounts and a cover for the tank mount. Just needs some foam carved out and covered.







I'm going to get all of the finish welding done, and then start putting everything back together. Hopefully it will be rolling down the road in a week or two.

No comments: