7/30/14

kz440 superbike : 16

Clutch parts arrived, and have been installed.



Soak for a few hours before install.



NOS steels from ebay.





I went ahead and got some springs as well. The difference between stock and the EBC ones are about a 1/8" or so in height. The lever doesn't feel any heavier though, so that's a plus.





Unfortunately things didn't go to plan on re-assembly. I didn't count how many steels I installed assuming that the ebay ad was correct on the number listed. Apparently I got a free one, but didn't know it, and until I removed the side cover for the 4th time and pulled everything back apart did I realize what happened. A 20 minute job took about an hour and a half due to my ignorance. Always count your fibers and steels. Always.

To further my issues, the crank seal on the side cover decided to stop sealing. On my first test ride, oil began to leak heavily out of the points cover. Good news is the seal is cheap, and the clutch worked flawlessly. Bad news is that my countershaft seal is leaking, so I will be replacing that in the next day or two to get things nice and oil tight for good.

No comments: